The Story Behind Pagoda Gallery
The Chinese name for Pagoda Gallery “永基骨董” is named after the owner’s father, Old Mr. Chung’s antique shop “永基古玩瓷器”, which was opened in the 50s when he joined the exodus to Hong Kong in 1949. In fact, the name of their father’s shop came from their grandfather’s self-owned antique shop “基記瓷莊” in Wende Lu (文德路) , Guangzhou almost a century ago. The magic word “基”, which means “Foundation” coined by the current owners’ grandfather has been used ever since.
Pagoda Gallery was awarded the “Outstanding QTS Merchants Award” by the Quality Tourism Services (QTS) Scheme.
Pagoda Gallery was awarded the “10-year Accredited Merchants Recognized with Special Decals” by the Quality Tourism Services (QTS) Scheme.